One of my greatest joys comes from creating healthier versions of my favorite foods. Who wants to be told they can never have chicken tenders again? This recipe came out of wanting to recreate a childhood favorite and also put another meal in our rotation that all FIVE members of our family will eat!
- 1.25 - 1.5 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine almond four, tapioca flour, and all the spices listed in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Put together your assembly line. Place your raw chicken on a large plate, followed by the olive oil in a flat dish, next comes the breading mixture in a bowl, and finally a metal backing sheet.
- Working one at a time, begin by dipping a chicken tender in the olive oil, coating all sides. Pick the tender up out of the olive oil and allow the excess oil to drip back into the dish for a moment.
- Next, place the chicken tender in the breading, making sure to thoroughly coat each piece of chicken with the breading mixture.
- Place on the baking pan, being careful not to overcrowd the chicken.
- Repeat with all the chicken tenders.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.